When the first snow falls each year, it's time to start heating your bourbon. Below is a simple and strong recipe that takes about 5 minutes to make and will ensure you keep all the bourbon lovers at the party happy and even convert some bourbon haters into believers. This recipe will make roughly 20 drinks...or, 15 minutes.
4 Cups Water
4 Cups Apple Cider
4 Cups Bourbon
.5 Cup Apple Sauce
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract (or 5 Vanilla Beans)
2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1) Throw the water, the cider, the cinnamon, apple sauce, and brown sugar into a large ceramic pot and heat on medium-low heat on the stove. Give it a good stir.
2) Add Vanilla Extract or slice those vanilla beans lengthwise to expose the mini flavor balls within them. Chuck those bad boys into the pot.
3) Using a carrot-peeler or a cheese grater, remove the skin from the orange. Hurl those shavings into the pot and squeeze all the orange juice within the orange into the pot as well.
4) Once you're thoroughly mixed up - Heave that 2 cups of bourbon into the mix and stir her up just nice.
5) Use a punch ladle to serve into coffee mugs.
6) Drink. Drink Like you've never drank before.